ASB membership of $25.00 is required to join these clubs.
- Honor Society at Kamiakin is a club based on service, academics, character, and citizenship. 8th graders who meet the GPA and other requirements are invited to join in September, and this year 7th graders who meet the requirements will be invited to join at the beginning of second semester.
- We meet twice a month during Cougar Time where the student officers lead the meeting, talking about service hours, our group service project, and other responsibilities of members.
- Students are required to perform community service hours throughout the year helping Kamiakin or the larger community.
- Members are also expected to maintain a 3.5 GPA as well as be an example of positive citizenship and leadership.
- For more information please contact - Kelsey Pollett (pictured left) OR Marcy Martin (pictured right)
Math Team will meet on Wednesdays after school from 1:45 to 3:00. We will focus on growing our skills and building teamwork. Competitions will include:
AMC 8 & 10
Math is Cool
Washington State Math Olympiad
- In addition to being an ASB member, mathletes pay $25 to help cover the cost of the competitions.
- Team meetings will be on Wednesdays from 1:45 – 3:00. They will start in Mrs. Bergevin’s room (129).
- You need your own transportation home.
Parents, if you have any desire to help out with this magnificent endeavor, and you are available during our Wednesday meet times, please contact Julie Bergevin at jbergevin@lwsd,org. Be sure your volunteer application is up to date with LWSD. Thank you!
Our first meeting will be Wednesday, September 18th.