ASB membership of $25.00 is required to join these clubs.
- Honor Society at Kamiakin is a club based on service, academics, character, and citizenship. 8th graders who meet the GPA and other requirements are invited to join in September, and this year 7th graders who meet the requirements will be invited to join at the beginning of second semester.
- We meet twice a month during Cougar Time where the student officers lead the meeting, talking about service hours, our group service project, and other responsibilities of members.
- Students are required to perform community service hours throughout the year helping Kamiakin or the larger community.
- Members are also expected to maintain a 3.5 GPA as well as be an example of positive citizenship and leadership.
- For more information please contact - Kelsey Pollett (pictured left) OR Marcy Martin (pictured right)
Math Team will meet on Wednesdays after school from 1:45 to 3:00. We will focus on growing our skills and building teamwork. Competitions will include:
AMC 8 & 10
Math is Cool
Washington State Math Olympiad
If you are interested please complete the application.
- In addition to being an ASB member, mathletes pay $25 to help cover the cost of the competitions.
- Team meetings will be on Wednesdays from 1:45 – 3:00. They will start in Mrs. Bergevin’s room (129).
- You need your own transportation home.
Parents, if you have any desire to help out with this magnificent endeavor, and you are available during our Wednesday meet times, please contact Julie Bergevin at jbergevin@lwsd,org. Be sure your volunteer application is up to date with LWSD. Thank you!
Our first meeting will be Wednesday, September 18th.
- 7th and 8th grade Pride Leaders serve as role models and mentors for 6th graders.
- Pride Leader activities begin preparations for the first day of school as they engage the new 6th grade students.
- Pride Leaders meet in 6th grade homeroom classes twice monthly to host community meetings, lead activities, and help to support our “Kamiakin Way” culture as role models. This includes offering to help students at lunch and in the hallways, peer tutoring, providing tours around the school for new/incoming students and developing their own leadership capacity.
- In the spring, Pride Leaders help conduct a 5th grade orientation in preparation for their next school year.
- Pride Leaders are required to attend morning meetings twice a month to build community and plan activities.
- Current 6th and 7th graders can apply to be Pride Leaders in the Spring of each year.
Fee for the Pride leaders club is $10:00
- Upcoming Pride Leader Dates!
- Thursday Morning Meetings 7:45AM:
- Jan 16
- Jan 30
- Feb 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
- April 30
- Fridays in 6th Grade Cougar Time:
- Jan 17
- Feb 21
- March 6
- March 20
- April 3
- April 17
- May 1
- Thursday Morning Meetings 7:45AM:
- For more information please contact Rachael Perkins.
Art Hub is the space to create!
Art Hub meets every Tuesday from 3:10 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the Art room with Ms. Perkins.
The first Tuesday of each month will feature a tutorial that covers new projects or materials. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Tuesdays students can work on proposed projects or draw in a fun art-focused space.
In a quarter sport? No problem! Join in anytime of the year. Pick up a membership form in the art room.
In addition to being an ASB member, Art Hub members pay $25.00 to help cover the cost of art supplies.Fore more information please contact Ms. Perkins.
- The Kamiakin News Team is a student club focused on journalism, and digital video production. Any current 6th – 8th grade students are invited to join each September when we vote on club officers and begin work on our creative plans and production goals for the year.
- We meet twice a week during Cougar Time, and one – two times a month before school to work on episode planning, filming, and editing.
- Club fee $10.00 with ASB membership is required and students are required to be in good standing with regard to Kamiakin citizenship standards to maintain membership in the club.
- For more information, please contact Jared Sadowsky or Peter Verdoes.