Information and resources for parents in the Kamiakin community
Of Interest to Parents
- New Student Registration: How to register your student at Kamiakin Middle School.
- Kamiakin Student Handbook 2022-2023: This is an important resource for you to stay organized, be involved in school culture and activities, and understand school expectations, norms, and guidelines.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities: Policies, dress code, discipline, and general information about Kamiakin Middle School.
- Laptop Info: Important information and resources for student laptops.
- Student Acceptable Use Procedures (AUP): Information about appropriate network use.
- Pre Arranged Absence Form: If a student is going to be absent from school for more than two days please complete this form and submit it to the main office.
- Health Services: Important information about allergies, immunizations, health forms, and forms/requirements to keep medications at school.
- Volunteer Application: All volunteers must apply and be approved before they can begin volunteering.
- LWSD Breakfast and Lunch Information: Information about LWSD's breakfast and Lunch and for free and reduced lunch program.
- PTA: The KaMS PTA is a non-profit advocacy organization that supports our students, families, and school.
- Community Resources: Services and organizations available to support students, parents and families in our community.
- How to stay Connected during summer break- KaMS: Even though it’s Summer, that doesn’t mean we aren’t still here to support you! Our Behavioral Health Support Specialist from Youth Eastside Services, Cailyn Griffith, will be available to you all Summer long! If you are experiencing symptoms of stress, anxiety, sadness, or maybe would just like to check in with someone, we encourage you to reach out! Click on the link to check out your options and decide what might be right for you.
- Summer Food Options: Kirkland Food Hotline - Call center staff at Sound Generations will ask a few questions about the caller’s situation to connect them with needed services. The only requirement to receive assistance with food is to be a Kirkland resident. #425-207-4777. Click on the link for detailed information.
- Peachjar eflyer: Approved flyers from non-profit, charitable, and civic organizations.
Student Messages: You may call the school office to relate a message to a student. Or, if possible, please leave a message on their cell phone, which they may access either before or after school. Forgotten items can be dropped off in the main office.